Saturday, January 18, 2014

J.Crew Sale Finds & Frustrations

Gah!  Did anyone else feel the same frustrations I did trying to order items from J.Crew Factory (40% off Clearance items) yesterday?  I think 90% of the time, I encountered this:



I'm not even joking, it happened almost every...single...time.  (sigh).  It would have been comical if I hadn't gotten so pissed.  Needless to say, pretty much everything I wanted was sold out (go figure), so I ended up not taking advantage of the sale...yet (ends January 22nd). 

So, in order to vent some of my frustration, I did what any addict would naturally do--I headed to the mall.  Since the 50% off all in-store sale items is still raging on, I decided to check out another mall in the Raleigh area.  Unfortunately, pickins were slim.  Especially considering all I really wanted was to look at purses and shoes (do any of the retail stores ever keep a good inventory nowadays?!).  But I did try on a few things that may or may not have come home with me.




First up, the Tipped Silk Tee in Diamond Tile - $49.99 plus extra 50%









After trying on the Silk Diamond Tile Skirt in this post (which sadly just didn't work...it just didn't), I was happy to see this top instead.  I tried on a size 2 (and later a size 6, which was all they had) and I though the 2 fit fine.  The size 6 surprisingly was only different in the back, which seemed a lot looser.  I like the fact that I can wear this with jeans, put on a pair of heels and I'm ready for whatever the night may have in store.  Yup, this came home with me.

**Side note, this was marked at $69.99 in store, so I'm glad I did a quick check on my phone for the online price.  One of the few times that the online price was better than the B&M price.  Weird.  

Next up, the Tipped Silk Tee in Windowpane - $79.99 plus extra 50% off







Yeah, I loved this.  I tried on a size 2 (and also a size 4) and thought the size 2 fit well.  Since the top is supposed to be slightly loose, but I like a slightly fitted look, I went with the 2.  Again, I'm looking forward to throwing this on with my Factory Black Minnies, a pair of heels, some earrings and being ready to go.

And then, the Misty Fog Floral Shift Dress - $198.00

It's rare for me to try on a non-sale item, especially one like this 'cause, I'm cheap like that.  But since the sale section was seriously lacking and this just looked so pretty on the hanger, I decided to give it a whirl.






So these pics are of the size 4.  Beautiful print, the fit...eh.  I really want to like this dress, but the shift style is just a little, underwhelming.




Here it is in the size 2.  I like the 2 better, but it is a lot shorter.  I held up my arms just so you could see the length.  If the price falls (somewhat substantially), I might pick this up because it's just so dang pretty.  But that being said, there are enough people out there who drink the crewlade that I may not be able to pick this up at a discount...we'll see.

The last thing I picked up on my way out was the Rectangles Necklace (I can't find the link online)


It was marked down to $24.99 plus an extra 50% off.  When I first saw these necklaces in store, I was a little skeptical as they looked a little bit costume-y for my taste.  But when I picked it up, I was surprised by how much I liked it, so of course, I took a big swig of the crewlade and added it to the pile.

I have a few Madewell reviews that I'll be posting later on.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I really want that windowpane tee. I'm heading to NC next month and am hoping to find one at the Clearance center when near Asheville.

    ReplyDelete