Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Drinking the Made-lade

So...I don't really know what the Madewell equivalent to the Crewlade is, so we'll go with it for now.

After posting about Madewell's Biker Boots that were on sale in-store (here), I convinced myself that I must have them!  We're pushing all sorts of style boundaries here, people.  It's crazy!!!

Since I had Monday off in remembrance of MLK Jr., I hopped on down to (a different) mall to see if they had a pair (let's call this store B).  And here's where the story takes a twist.  Although they had a few pairs in the store, sadly they did not have my size.  Additionally, they were offering 30% off all sale items instead of the 50% that the store from this weekend (store A) was offering.  After speaking to the super-nice SA, she kindly called the original store (store A) to ensure that they still had my size and would put it on hold for me.  I zipped across town to pick up the pair and as I walked through the sale section (because, who wouldn't?) I see that this store is still offering 50% on sale items?!

Has anyone else encountered different promotions at different locations?  I just thought this was really weird.  Luckily, if I had found something at store B, the SA said they would honor the 50% off promotion.  I just think it's a tad shady, because what if you didn't know about the other store?

Anyway, crazy long story (if you were even able to follow that), so here are the boots in all their beauty!



I tried to take a picture of them on, but the only full-length mirror that I have is just a cheapo-Target one that we keep propped up in the guest bedroom, so not the best quality:




I'm hoping to wear them this weekend, so I'll try to get my Husband to snap a few better (and more focused) pics!

Also, snapped a quick pic of this mannequin in the store as I loved the outfit--clean, classic, simple.


Aaaaaand, if that weren't enough, I'll leave you with this parting gift.  Dinner on Saturday night wearing the new J.Crew rectangle necklace and Madewell sweater.  Not the most flattering picture, but just keeping it real (dorky).


Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. The boots look fabulous on you! I bought a similar style from Madewell several years back...they hold up really well and look great in the summer with short skirts and dresses too. I bet you'll get a ton of wear out of them:)

    And YES - different promotions at different stores drives me crazy...I also hate it when there's a sale online but not in-store, or vice versa. Wish they could just be consistent throughout!

    ReplyDelete