Sunday, January 12, 2014

J.Crew 50% off in-store sale items!

After reading on the Mothership that J.Crew was offering 50% off their in-store sale items, I decided to find a reason to pop by my local store to see what they had (didn't have high hopes as the sale section is usually quite picked over).  

I did try a few things on and found a few winners.

Silk Diamond Tile Skirt - forgot to note the price, whoops!

Size 4





Tried on with the Boy Shirt in Embroidered Polka Dot - $49.99 minus 50% off

Size 0






Loved the shirt, the skirt...not so much.  Which is a shame because I think the print is really unique and lovely.  Maybe on someone less curvy than me the skirt would fit nicely, but since I tend to carry weight in my midsection and hips this was just incredibly unflattering.  On the plus side though, even though I need another chambray shirt like I need a hole in my head, this came home with me.

Tweed Flare Dress - $119.99 minus 50% off

Size 2






One resolution I've made this year has been to start buying clothes that are a little outside my comfort zone.  Now, a tweed dress may not sound like going "crazy", but considering that more often than not I tend to come home with a sweater or t-shirt, this was a big change for me.  Although the dress is unlined, I really liked it and at that price, I thought it would be worth taking home and trying to see how I can work it into my wardrobe.

Crepe Short-Sleeve Dress - $99.99 minus 50%

Size 2








Now here's something funny, which I didn't realize until I got home and started comparing the style numbers.  The dress I tried on in-store (and purchased) is the Crepe Short-Sleeve Dress in Antique Red, which isn't listed as on-sale on J.Crew's website.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy I was able to purchase this dress for $50, while it's still listed as full price online at $198.  Big difference, huge.  

And I came home with not one, but two dresses.  Crazy!

Cate Cami in Gilded Paisley Lamé (another one that I forgot to note the price...)

Size 4








Holy ta-ta's Batman!  Yeah, the smallest size they had in store was a 4, and I could tell just by looking at it on the hanger that this would probably be an inappropriate mess, but I went with it anyway.  And let me just say, the pictures that I took were carefully staged to show the least amount of flashing as possible, and this was still the result.  So needless to say, this went back on the rack.

Etched Enamel Bracelet - $14.99 minus 50% off



Crazy that this is another one that is listed as full-price online but was on sale in store and for CHEAP!  I actually saw this at the cash register when I was checking out, saw the price tag and just plopped it into the pile.  Even the Sales Associate commented on the good deals, can't beat that!




4 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I kwym about chambray shirts. It's nice to see the dresses looking good on someone. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gigi, still getting used to venturing into blogging! It's great to know what other people think and getting to be a part of this community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for the reviews. I found your blog via Gigi's on her IRL guide today and I love seeing the Chambray shirt on. I'm off to go find it in my size. I'm just getting going with my own style-esque blog too if you want to drop by. Best Wishes, L
    http://hersoulsociety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L, so glad you found your way here! Hope you were able to find the Chambray shirt in your size, it's become a staple in my closet!

      Delete