Monday, January 13, 2014

Makeup favorites

So after the photo-heavy post from yesterday, I figured I would take a little breather from the clothes haul and list a couple makeup items that I picked up from Nordstrom that same day.

I'm still somewhat of a makeup novice (I just started using Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer about a year ago), and I'm usually somewhat overwhelmed when I go into any makeup store or stop by the makeup counter, so I tend to pretty much get in and get out.  

I recently finished using Eyeko's Skinny Liquid Liner that I received from Sephora as a sample, and this was a great introduction to liquid liner.  So when I ran out, I decided to try MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapidblack (yes, that's how it's spelled).


I've also been watching various Youtube tutorials on eyebrows, so I picked up their brow filler in Lingering as well.


I would say that my top complaints with my face would be my under-eye circles and my eyebrows.  When I was younger, my brows were actually quite thicker.  As I've gotten older, they've definitely thinned out and become more sparse.  Add to that a car accident when I was in high school that's left a very definite scar over my right eye, so using a brow filler has become an everyday "must" for me.  I always struggle with how to fill my brows, and make them more symmetric, while still looking natural.  Hopefully this will help in doing that.  I still have a few more brow products that I want to try, but I figure this is a good start.

Btw, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment